Saturday 31 December 2016

Dancing Ostriches and Scrambled Eggs

Hallo,


New year is approaching so I have been sorting through all my sketchbooks from the last 12 months, and looking back through it all made me realise I really have had sucha nice time. 
The best exhibition I visited was Malborough London's Paula Rego Ostriches, which showed her huge pastel drawings of a frumpy, ageing ballerina posed as an inelegant bird on a shabby leather sofa. Best album of 2016 was pretty Beach House's Thank Your Lucky Stars
I talked to Grayson Perry about the weather, finished a big commission for two oil paintings, saw Beach House n Parquet Courts live, found a top notch pair of Little Mermaid sunglasses, danced on a kitchen table, had work exhibited at the National Portrait Gallery, sort of learnt how to knit, visited Derek Jarman's house, made a big plastic book about meaty flesh, left school and started my art foundation which has all been really lovely ! 

There's not much else to say except below are selected pages from my last three sketchbooks, and I leave my 2017 Resolution here in the form of a song x 

BE NICE / CHARLIE BOYEUR AND THE VOYEURS 
R Tist trying


































Happy New Year friends hope u all have a smashing time 
x G

4 comments:

  1. I love your versatile style of drawing.
    Particularly, I really like the work above the text 'Angels Under the Bridge' as well as the double paged ink-like blotted, obscure faces- 'a frown has many angles'. Stylistically, they're both very interesting.

    I recently posted my art journal- and i'm but no means an artist.
    I would love for you to check out the post, if you have time (http://socialspying.blogspot.com/2017/01/my-art-journal-i-scarcity-surplus.html)

    Lovely stuff!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. love thissss, these are amazin x
    www.lexiealexandra.com

    ReplyDelete