Wednesday 5 June 2013

lolita

Copying Lolita's hair in the 1997 film- I watched it a few days ago, and I never knew Jeremy Irons was one of the main characters in it, he does all the acting and narrating the text really well.. He does a good 'Im-being-internally-tortured' face. Anyway, I loved the old 1981 Brideshead Revisited series with him in it as Charles Ryder. (the book 'Brideshead Revisited' is also one of my favourites)
Now that I've watched the film, I also sort-of want to read Lolita but what with exams and revision I can't even consider anything right now. Maybe in summer when the holidays start..

Okay short story-I was in Hampstead Heath once (in London) walking my dog, when I walked past this really angry looking man in full tweed and riding boots with a huge moustache and a tweed hat and it took me a full minute to realise it was Jeremy Irons so I was so amazed that I ran all the way back up the path he was on and just stopped right in front of him and almost fell over.. and then he just stared back at me and frowned even more, so I just apologized and backed away. But it was so exciting although I feel like he hated me for no reason.

Jeremy Irons in BRIDESHEAD REVISITED

No comments:

Post a Comment