Saturday 4 May 2013

donnie darko

One of the main reasons for my blog's name 'Where's Frank' is because Donnie Darko is one of my favourite films, and the 6ft tall imaginary rabbit that talks to Donnie in this film is called Frank. Apart from the ending, which I think even the producers and director of this film were confused about, it is such a perfect film. It also has some brilliant one-liners and is very quotable. 
(On the more philosophical, deeper side of the movie, one of the best quotes is "If the sky were to suddenly open up, there would be no law, there would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories.") 
I reckon IMDB has summed it up better than I could so here's what its about:
'A troubled teenager is plagued by visions of a large rabbit that manipulates him to commit a series of crimes, after narrowly escaping a bizarre accident.' 
Seems about right.
Two of my friends told me I looked like Gretchen Ross, Donnie's girlfriend in the movie, which was such a perfect compliment because she's beautiful (in my opinion) so yeah, basically this film comes shortly after Submarine in my top films list 
(comment below if you think I should do a top 10 film list)

This is my failed attempt to draw Frank: 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes and 12 seconds, that's when the world will end:

They're both so good looking its so unfairrr
Listen to Mad World 
(the Gary Jules version, don't go anywhere near the original by Tears and Fears)

No comments:

Post a Comment